Friday 26 December 2014

Lush Mask Of Magnaminty Review

Holla, 

In the spirit of Christmas I thought to myself, why not have a special holiday edition of facemask reviewing. 

For the last three months I have been a little more than absent as I have moved to Paris, more on that in the upcoming weeks!

But for today we will focus on Lush's Mask Of Magnaminty. 

After a little spot outbreak from my stressful life of going to tres mignon cafes, I decided to try the mask from Lush which said it would "clean, calm and clear the skin".


Firstly the smell hit me from about three feet away. Very minty, fresh but with a slight hint of antiseptic.

So it felt very cool and tingly after application which really felt like it was working, I took the mask off after it was stiff but I noticed that the addition of water to the stiff mask turned it into a kind of face scrub.

Being a lover of exfoliation this was a dream. 

My face still felt very cool after taking off the mask and the smell was amazing. My face smelt minty with a slight undertone of honey for the rest of the morning. And might I note that the antiseptic smell was gone. 

Now the knuckle cracker, did it actually help my spots? Yes and no. I did see that my spots went decreased but they also looked darker and although my skin felt clean and refreshed it also felt a tad dry. That is the biggest irritation, when spots tend to darken up which leads to skin blemishes. 

So hopefully there will be no skin blemishes but I give this product a 3.5 out of 5. A little more moisture to make the product less harsh but maintaining the smell would be perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment