Thursday 3 September 2015

Tinder: My heart's telling me no but my mind's telling me yes

Here I am, a single girl in Paris, the city of love, romance and lights. Yet I have found no such thing after MONTHS of bad dating.

Seriously, months of it!



A guy who took me to drink cans of beers on the sidewalk, which would have been fine if  we had not chosen the particular sidewalk littered with underaged drunk teenagers and I wasn't wearing my cutest floral skirt. If that wasn't bad, another guy who pretty much talked to another girl instead of me in rapid-fire French (which I couldn't keep track of) throughout the entire date.



So I finally decided to succumb to peer pressure and social trends. Yes, I did the deed and got myself a tinder account.


Here's where my reluctance stems from: I knew I wasn't going to find a perfect gent out there in bars and cafes or walking through a park, as much as I would have loved to. So it began. 

And let me tell you how much I do not regret this. Possibly the best place to be a girl on Tinder is in Paris, where the men are not only attractive, but quite well behaved and well dressed. Need I say more? 

There was less of the trashy "do you like to give head" line, and more of the "tu fais quoi dans la vie?" (What are you doing in life?).

And people actually asked you out on dates! 



My heart says no to tinder. Is it an ideal scenario to meet Prince Charming with his chivalrous swipe right? Aren't we all waiting for that moment where you meet someone's eye and the sparks fly. 

But my mind is impatient. Why wait when you can have date after date lined up in a day without even meeting someone? It's got to pay off someday and you're logically bound to meet someone that you like! 

So let's continue playing the game, and see where it lands me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment